Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crayon Valentines

 One of my favorite craft projects that I have done with children is this melted crayon heart. Last year I was in charge of the craft for my son's second grade class Valentine's Day party. I searched for a fun craft that both the boys and girls would enjoy and when I came upon this one I just loved it.


Stand up card 
There are two sources for this craft on the web  - Disney's Family Fun and Martha Stewart. The Family Fun site gives you the directions to make the heart into a stand-up card, which is what we did. Martha's site makes them into pretty stained glass hearts to hang in a window. Which ever one you choose you will love the final result.

Have a great day!
Vera

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! I bet they really look wonderful in the morning sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so pretty. You can't make a bad one. One of the Moms' from the class couldn't stop thanking me for having the kids make these because she liked looking at it on her windowsill. Thanks for reading my blog! Have a great day!

      Delete