Thursday, February 2, 2012

Brownie Banner

It's been a while since I have posted something. I have been busy doing lots of stuff ! I finally have the time to share one of them with you. My daughter is a Brownie and this year her troop needed to make a banner. Since I am one of the few moms who knows how to sew more than a button I was chosen to execute this project.

The first thing I did was search the web for ideas. I didn't find many but I did find one that I thought the girls would enjoy. I chose to have the girls trace their hands onto a piece of cotton fabric backed with Heat and Bond ( to then fuse onto the felt banner). They then attached a felt heart to the hand with their name on it. A simple running stitch around the heart was perfect for these girls who are mostly 7 and 8 years old.


I fused all the hands on to a piece of pink felt along with the troop number. And then the "bedazzling" began. 


 Ribbons, gems and flowers. The girls had a great time. We used self stick gems as well as ones that required glueing. 


I hot glued the ribbons and the decorative flowers on the letters and numbers. I then took the pink felt and sewed it to another piece of brown felt. To hide my stitching, I glued ribbon all around the pink felt.

 

Now the girls can march in style at our next parade!

Hope this gives you some ideas on your banner.

Have a great day!
Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment