Friday, March 11, 2011

Belated Valentine Banner

I know St. Patrick's Day is next week but I finally finished my Valentine project. I found the pattern one day way back in January and I had to make it. I finally finished it three days after Valentine's Day. And now I am finally posting it. (If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a procrastinator.)
I had fun making this banner. I found the pattern here at Little Lady Patchwork. I used fabric from my ancient stash which was mostly from MODA. Their fabrics have always been my favorites. I changed the pattern slightly by fusing the hearts on the background fabric and stitching them with an applique stitch. The original instructions just called for the stitching.

I don't have a very large mantel so I hung my banner across a doorway between my dining room and living room. My house is over a hundred years old with beautiful moldings so I figured the banner would look great against the white molding.
Well, this procrastinator needs to start working on more projects. It felt really good to finish something besides the items for my Etsy shop. I have let my quiliting/personal projects suffer in the past few years. I wish I had the time and energy I see many of you have out there. Your blogs and Flickr postings are amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!

Have a great day!
Vera

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentines day and thank you for sharing at my blog!

    Please be sure to visit my new "Learning Center" at quiltinggallery.com/learning-center/

    ReplyDelete